International Senior Fellow R. Anton Braun
R. Anton Braun
Research Economist and Senior Policy Advisor, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Carnegie‑Mellon University, Graduate School of Industrial Administration, Ph.D., Economics
Carnegie‑Mellon University, Graduate School of Industrial Administration, M.S., Economics
Indiana University at South Bend, B.S., Economics
- 2010 - present
Policy Advisor and Research Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
- 2006 - 2010
Professor, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo Japan
- 2008 - 2009
Visiting Professor, CREA Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona Spain
- 2001 - 2006
Associate Professor, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo Japan
- 1998 - 2000
Associate Professor, International University of Japan, Niigata Japan
- 1996 - 1997
Visiting Professor, Universidad Carlos III, Madrid Spain
- 1996 - 1997
Visiting Professor, Banco España, C.E.M.F.I, Madrid Spain
- 1992 - 1997
Senior Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 1989 - 1994
Assistant Professor, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- “Generalized Look-Ahead Methods for Computing Stationary Densities” With Huiyu Li and John Stachurski, Forthcoming Mathematics of Operations Research.
- “Uninsured Countercyclical Risk: An Aggregation Result and Application to Optimal Monetary Policy,” with Tomoyuki Nakajima, Forthcoming Journal of the European Economic Association.
- “New Keynesian Dynamics in a Low Interest Rate Environment,” with Lena Körber, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 35 (12) December 2011.
- “The Saving Rate in Japan: Why it Has Fallen and Why it Will Remain Low” with Douglas H. Joines and Daisuke Ikeda, International Economic Review 50 (1) February 2009.
- “Investment Specific Technological Changes in Japan.” With Etsuro Shioji, Seoul Journal of Economics, 20(1) Spring 2007.