Senior Research Fellow Ken JIMBO
Asscociate Professor, Faculty of Policy Management, Keio University
Senior Research Fellow, The Tokyo Foundation
Security in Asia-Pacific
US Defense Policy
Regionalization in East Asia
Columns & Papers TOP
Ph.D. in Media and Governance (2005), Keio University
- "An Emerging East Asian Community?: The Political Process of Regionalism in East Asia", Ralph A. Cossa and Akihiko Tanaka eds., An East Asian Community and the United States (The CSIS Press, 2007).
- "From 'Double-Track' to 'Convergence': Japanese Defense Policy and Emerging Security Architecture in Asia-Pacific Region", Yuki Tatumi and Andrew L. Oros eds, Japan's New Defense Establishment: Institutions, Capabilities, and Implications (Washington DC: Henry A. Stimson Center, 2007).
- "Rethinking Japanese Security: New Concepts in Deterrence and Defense", Benjamin Self and Jeff Thompson eds., Japan's Nuclear Option: Security, Policy and Option for 21st Century (Washington DC: Henry A. Stimson Center, 2003).
- "A Japanese Perspectives on Missile Defense and Strategic Coordination," Non Proliferation Review, Summer 2002.
- Ken JIMBO ed. Japan’s Security Strategy Toward China: Integration, Balancing and Deterrence in the Era of Power Shift, The Tokyo Foundation (2011)
- “The Extended Deterrence in the U.S.-Japan Alliance: Post-NPR Agenda”, U.S.-Japan Strategic Dialogue (Maui, Hawaii, the United States, 5-7 February, 2012)
- “Power Shift and Strategic Landscape in Asia-Pacific Region: Implication for Japan and China”. Japan-China Next Generation Security Dialogue (Co-organized by the Tokyo Foundation and Peking University, Center for International and Strategic Studies, Beijing, China, November 19-20, 2011).
- “Japan’s National Security Planning: National Defense Program Guideline 2010”, A New Strategy for A New Era: Revisiting Taiwan’s National Security Strategy (MCSS National Chenchi University, Taipei, Taiwan, 27-28 August 2011).